The alert reads as follows:
On November 30th, the House passed HR 34, a 996-page bill, known as the 21st Century Cures Act. They are now rushing to get it introduced and passed by the Senate on Monday, December 5th, at 5:30 EST. This bill must be defeated because it contains some very dangerous provisions relating to psychiatric treatments. This is an urgent call to action as we must let our Senators know that they need to oppose it. We have less than 72-hours to do this.
Talking Points on Why This Bill Must Be Opposed:
- It drastically broadens the criteria for who qualifies for forced psychiatric treatment. For example, if you are labeled mentally ill, you can be court-ordered for psychiatric treatment just because you are “substantially unlikely to voluntarily participate in treatment.” All states already have their own laws regarding involuntary treatment and so there is no need for Federal legislation, especially with such dangerously broad language.
- It undermines FDA regulations that are essential for making sure medical and drug research is conducted ethically, scientifically and safely. Meaning it could cost lives.
- Additionally, this 996-page bill is being fast-tracked through as it is being introduced with no time for the Senators to fully study and understand the broad implications of it.
- Find your Senators (you have TWO) at the end of this e-mail. They are listed alphabetically by state.
- Call the listed numbers and, using any or all of the above talking points, tell them you want to urge the Senator to vote NO on HR 34. Note: Calls are the most effective way to make your voice heard.
- Click on the contact link for each of your TWO senators. This brings you to a form to fill out which you follow the steps to email your message that you want them to vote NO on HR 34.
- Forward this e-mail to ALL family members, friends, or colleagues that live in the United States and urge them to do the same.
Director of Public Activities
List of U.S. Senators, in Order by State
Please Follow Us on As many As possible to ensure we cannot be censored or shut down.
(LIKE, SHARE, COMMENT, SUPPORT US & FOLLOW